Vegan Shepherd’s pie
– 2 pounds of Potatoes
– 3/4 cup of Rice milk
– 3 Tbsp of Coconut oil
– 1 Tbsp of Himalayan Salt
– 3/4 cup of Quinoa
– 1 1/4 cup of Vegetable Broth
– 1 Red Onion
– 1 Carrot Bunch
– 1 Celery Bunch
– 4 Cups of Mushrooms
– 1 Bunch of fresh Parsley
– 4-5 fresh corn or 2 cans of corn
– 1 can of Tomato Paste
– 1 cup of Oatmeal flour
– 1 Tbsp of Thyme
– 1 Tsp of Cumin
– 1 Tsp of Paprika
– 1/4 cup of Soy sauce
– 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- Peel and cut in quarter the potatoes put in a large pot covered with an inch of water, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- In a small saucepan put 3/4 cup of Quinoa with 1 1/4 cup of Vegetable Broth, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Cut all your vegetables and put them in different containers; Onion, Carrots, Corn, Celery, Mushrooms and Parsley.
- In a large saucepan, put 1 Tbsp of Olive oil and cook the Onion for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery and 1/2 the corn, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Thyme, Cumin and Parsley, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the Mushrooms and 1/4 cup of soy sauce, cover and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, 1 cup of oatmeal flour and the Quinoa. Stir well for a few minutes, put a side.
- Pre-heat your oven 425°F
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and add 1 Tbsp of Himalayan salt, 2 Tbsp of coconut oil and 1/2 a cup of rice milk then mash them
- In a large baking dish, spread the vegetable mixture on bottom, add a layer of corn, cover with potatoes and sprinkle some paprika on top.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes then broil for 2 more minutes