– Carefully open-up the Young Thai Coconut with a butcher knife ( See video ).
Pour the Coconut water in a Mason jar and store in your refrigerator for future recipes or to drink. With a spoon, grate the meat inside and put the meat in a strainer. Wash the meat in cool water and remove any hard scales stick on the meat. The browner skin is ok.
– Put the meat in a Vitamix or a high speed blender. Add the Coconut Milk, Maple syrup, Blackstrap Molasses and the Sea salt. Do not put the probiotic yet.
– Blend until smooth. If it’s too thick, add some coconut milk until you see a vortex forming on top.
– When it’s perfectly smooth, add 1/2 a cup of Water Kefir ( from 2nd ferment ) or 2 capsules of probiotic and blend for another 5 seconds.
– Put in a Mason jar with a close lid. It should give you about a 3/4 filled Mason jar. The yogurt will grows as it ferments, so you need at least two inches of space. Let it sit at room temperature for 18 to 24 hours then 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator until ready. The lid should be swollen by pressure.
– Be careful when you open the lid, put a plate underneath because it might burst out! It means it was successfully fermented, congratulations. Add some fruits, a dash of maple syrup and enjoy!
This is the basic recipe. From there you can experiment with various flavours, fruits and sweeteners. Let me know what you’ve tried in the comments! 🙂
Follow me on my Facebook page for more recipes, articles and Green Alternatives!